Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Bay Boys



What a great day!
My timid friend had a ride on Zipper today. She's been struggling to ride regularly and has had trouble finding a lease horse, and she loves Zipper. They had a good ride this morning, even cantering a 2'3" vertical! Quite a feat for her. Zipper was a star.

I've decided to take the bay boys cross country schooling again next weekend, with my younger sister riding Zip. I don't plan to do anything too difficult, or make it a weekend of hard work for the horses. Honestly, my main motivation is a trip to a tack store in Ocala that I can't justify making unless I'm up that direction for some other reason(it's a 6 hour round trip). I've been wanting Hannah to school cross country for some time now, and if I can combine the two, we may as well. It should be a fun, relaxing weekend.



Afterward, I had a ride on Rileigh. We had some fantastic, true and correct work at the beginning of our ride; it felt wonderful. However, some horses entered the ring in the middle of our ride and so distracted Riles that everything following was a bit subpar. This surprised me somewhat; although he tends to be very easily distracted, Riles' focus has been really improving lately. I suppose everyone has their days though. I'm looking forward to having some dressage rides this week before we school cross country. I'm also seriously hoping to take Rileigh fox hunting before the season is up. I have a friend that hunts regularly who is supposed to set a date for me to join her. So exciting! I've never hunted before, but I'm looking forward to it immensely.
Please excuse my habit of staring down. I really try to work on it, but it's hard to remember when there's nobody yelling at me!

No comments:

Post a Comment