Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Too Long

Long time no post! Sorry. Lots of things have been happening. I keep meaning to say something of actual substance on this ...but it hasn't happened yet.

MJ had her teeth floated and I've started riding her again. She's been doing decently, spooky and extremely tense, but improving every ride. The vet did a fecal and said worms were not a concern; he hopes that her condition will improve since her teeth have been floated and she can eat more comfortably. She'll also be putting on some muscle now that she's back in regular work. Running from invisible mare eating monsters in the ring takes lots of work.




Last week my boyfriend, David, rode Zipper. He has some riding experience, can w/t/c and jump small jumps comfortably, but he hasn't ridden regularly in a long time. I'm hoping that Zipper will be the ticket to getting him back into riding. I'd love to be able to ride/show with him. Zipper was awesome, I was worried that David might be a bit much for him to carry(he's gained a lot of weight recently ...), but he didn't seem uncomfortable at all.



Later in the day, after David rode, I sporadically decided to hop on Zipper bareback. He behaved super well. However, it was so uncomfortable. He's definitely not built for being ridden without any sort of padding; I'm still in pain a week later.


Rileigh's been doing well. I'm planning to take him to the next show my barn is going to(next weekend? I'm not sure). I don't often show with my barn because of the cost, so it's exciting. XC schooling this weekend isn't going to work out, the venue I was planning on is preparing for a big event a couple weeks out. I'm still planning to go up to Ocala, because I need some things from the tack store.

No comments:

Post a Comment